Friendly Friday Reminder: Don’t Get Mad, Get Glad!
By: Carletta Traylor, Esq.
Happy Friday, my homies! I know that I’ve been MIA for 3 months, but that’s getting ready to change! I’ll admit, life has Stone Cold stunner’d, Rock Bottom’d, and F-5’d me all over the place as of late. One thing that has not changed, however, is my love for the Lord. I am still a perky possum of a proponent for the Holy Trinity: Yah (God) the Father (Yahuah/God Almighty), Yah the Son (Yahushua Hamashiach/Jesus Christ), and Yah the Ruach (The Holy Spirit).
I know that we’re living in troubling times right now, and times like these often make us question our faith (belief and trust in Yah). With the evil, perversion, inflation (the American dollar isn’t worth SQUAT!), recession, depression, poverty and selfishness running rampant in our world today, coupled with people acting like they don’t have any home training (sit down, you delusional dipsticks! Moronic maniacs! Inbred ignoramuses! Grade-A doofuses! Primed and ready jamokes! Satan and lava-loving losers! Bat-crap crazy imbeciles! Raging…eat a Snickers, Carletta. You get a little loopy when you’re hungry.), it’s easy for us to wonder if Yah is real, if he’s listening, and if he cares.
The answer to all of these questions is an emphatic YES. The Lord loves us, he hears our cries, he cares about our struggles, and he wants to bless us. Although life gets hard at times, Yah will turn our tests into testimonies. Put another way, Yah will sometimes allow us to go through storms to draw us closer to him, to increase our faith in him, and to prepare us for the work he has for us to do. When Yah brings us out of our storms, and he WILL bring us out of our storms (the sun will shine again! Oh, happy day (oh, happy day!)! Oh, happy day!), he wants us to realize that he and he alone is the reason why we made it through (not ourselves, our families, our friends, anyone or anything else). There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Joy shall come again! As long as we keep the faith, Yah is going to bless us BIG TIME! Bank on it (cha-ching!)!
Instead of remaking a Bible story today, I just want to remind us of the Lord’s goodness. As we prepare to go into the Resurrection Day weekend (Yahushua Hamashiach died on the Cross for our sins, but he rose again!), let us remember what it means to be saved. Becoming saved is as simple as ABC:
· Admit that we’re sinners, and ask Yah (God) to please forgive us of our sins (bad things that we say, do, don’t do, and/or think, that Yah doesn’t like) and help us to stop sinning (Please clean me up, Lord! I’m hot garbage, dipped in excrement, sprinkled in chitling grease on the inside (just STANKY!)!).
· Believe that Yahushua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ) is Yah’s Son, that he died on the Cross/stake for our sins, that he rose from the dead (came back alive)-3 days later-with all power in his hands, that he ascended back into Heaven on a cloud, that he’s sitting at Yah’s right hand right now, and that he’s coming back one day to take his children (take all believers in him) home to Heaven and to judge/destroy this wicked world.
· Commit ourselves to following Yahushua Hamashiach (listen to him and live for/like him forevermore).
Once we’ve given our lives to Yahushua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ), we will live forever, y’all! When Yahushua Hamashiach comes back to Earth, he shall raise the dead back to life, and those of us who have given our lives to him (both dead and still living at the time of his return) will receive new bodies, we’ll receive new names, and we’ll live it up with him in Heaven forever (Aye! Turn up! Ain’t no party like a Holy Ghost party, ‘cuz a Holy Ghost party don’t (doesn’t) stop! Party over here! Ooh-ooh! Party over here! Ooh-ooh! SINLESS partying at its finest!)! I’m looking forward to it! Let’s get it!
Once you have given your life to the Lord, it’s important that you:
- Pray Everyday-Talk to Yah everyday, the same way that we talk to one another. Tell Yah about your day, how you’re feeling, what’s bothering you, what your dreams and aspirations are. Thank Yah for his love, his mercy (not giving us the punishments that we deserve), his grace (giving us rewards/blessings that we don’t deserve), his patience, for loving us so much that he sent Yahushua Hamashiach to die on the Cross for our sins, for creating us and this world, etc. Ask the Lord to please forgive you for your sins and help you to stop sinning. When you finish your prayer, always say “all these things I pray, in the mighty name of Yahushua Hamashiach, and for his name’s sake, Amen.”
- Read the Bible Everyday-This is the Lord’s book. Yah speaks to us through the Holy Bible. Yah teaches us about who he is, what he has done (as well as what he’s going to do in the future), what it means to follow him, and what we need to do to please him (make him happy) on Earth so that Heaven will be our eternal home. As my Pastor affectionately says, BIBLE=Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. If you don’t have a Bible, please feel free to reach out to me. I have the hook-up!
- Regularly Attend Church-Once we’ve given our lives to the Lord, it’s important that we begin attending (and regularly attend) a true Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church. As believers, we need to be around like-minded believers to learn about the Lord, to grow in him, to draw closer to him, to help one another, to inspire one another, to encourage one another, and to worship together. Don’t attend just any old church, however. Pray and ask Yah to lead you to the right church, the right congregation (group of believers), your right tribe. The Lord does not want you to attend a church that will cause you to fall away from him; Yahuah does not want you to attend a church that will cause you to sin, act out, embarrass him, give him a bad name, or keep you from Heaven. Always ask Yah to lead you to the right church; he’ll answer you every time. Even if you currently have a church home, pray and ask Yah if your church is the right church for you. If the Lord tells you to leave your church, leave. If the Lord tells you to attend a different church, follow his lead. The Lord knows best and will take care of his children (those of us who truly love, believe in and follow him).
- Put Yah First-When we give our lives to the Lord, it’s important that we put Yah first in our lives. This means that we should always talk to him and seek his wisdom, his knowledge, his instructions, and his directions in every part of our lives. We should never make a decision without first talking to Yah. We want to be sure that we are making decisions and living in a way that makes Yah happy. If the Lord tells us to do one thing, but other people (including ourselves) tell us to do something else, do what Yah says. Yah deserves our loyalty (we never leave him, always love him, and always follow him). Yah deserves our obedience (listening to him, doing what he says, and not doing what he tells us not to do). Yah deserves our hearts (we love him and don’t love anyone or anything more than him). Yah deserves our lives (we live to make him happy and to bring other people to him).
I’ve blabbered long enough in this post (Hey! I’m a lawyer! Of course I can talk for days!)! I wish you all a wonderful Resurrection Day weekend! The Bible story remixes will be making a comeback like a boomerang! Until then, I love you all, Yah bless you all, and I’ll see you all on the next one!